Saturday 10th October 2020
2020 Results For full results click here
1st Male – Kris Axon 2nd Male – Andy Berry 3rd Male John Butters
1st Female – Caroline Lambert 2nd Female Jess Young 3rd Female Meghan McCarthy
M-23 Joe Green MV40 John Butters MV50 Martin Randall MV60 Paul Kelly
FV40 Rachel Vincent FV60 Caroline Glover
2020 Photographs courtesy of Dougie Nisbet click here
This race is an out and back route which has a bit of everything: tough fell ground, a big climb (to the summit of Chapelfelltop at an elevation of 700m) and a fantastic quick descent.
Start in St John’s Chapel, Weardale with cake available afterwards at the Chatterbox cafe.
In order to comply with government guidance we have made some modifications to our usual evening blast.
- The race will be run in a time trial format with entrants setting off in groups of 6 at 10 minute intervals. This is to comply with government guidance on group sizes and will minimise congestion and the need for overtaking on the course.
- The race will start on the track where there is room for appropriate social distancing. It will finish at the bottom of the track where it meets the road. There will also be one-way systems in place.
- All entries will be pre entry via SiEntries with a maximum of 72 participants.
- There will be strict kit requirements.
Parking & registration: Chatterbox Cafe, 11 Market Place, St. Johns Chapel, Weardale, DL13 1QF.
Course: 7km distance, 400m ascent.
- Map (will be sent out with your race number)
- Waterproof top with integral hood and taped seems
- Waterproof bottoms with taped seems
- Emergency food
- A mobile phone is recommended
- A buff which can act as a mask, or a face mask
- You must bring to the event and be prepared to carry:
Entry: via SiEntries https://www.sientries.co.uk/event.php?elid=Y&event_id=7464
Experience: This is a race for people with fell running experience. You must be confident in running across rough terrain and have navigation skills. There are no paths on the fell section and none of the route is flagged.
Contact: Fran Blackett (email)
Instructions for runners: Please follow this link to our Instructions for runners document which contains all of the details you need on the day Instructions for runners